CUR and DDI freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUR and DDI freezing

Hi! I've been having trouble playing CUR. I don't have a c-d of the game, just a download. I've never had trouble playing it before and I'm in the middle of the game so I really don't want to have to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it :( The music will keep skipping and replaying the same note, and the mouse will stop moving and start moving very slowly and lagging. Eventually it will start working like everything is fine but then I click on something and the music will start skipping again and the mouse will lag and freeze. It's like there's hope! But then it stops :( I don't have any trouble with playing some of the newer games. I tried loading and playing HAU and that works just fine and that is a download too. I tried DDI and the same thing happened with the music and mouse. I know some older games stop working on computers sometimes, but I don't understand why they would all of a sudden stop now if they are downloads and not c-d's (hard disk) why would they stop working?

I hope this gives whoever can help enough information! I really don't want to have to start all over but if that is the only option, then I understand.

-Korie
    Hollywood Nights... .. -:|:-
    .. -:|:- ..............,•*¨¯¨*•, ...... -:|:-
    ......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• .....`•. ................•´¯)
    .....( ... •,¸¸,'.. -:|:- . ..........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ..•´
    ......`•. ...................,•*¨¯¨*•, ...........•´
    ..........`•. ....`•. ....',¸¸,• ....). -:|:- ( ..............,•*¨¯¨*•,
    .. -:|:- .....`•. . `•. `×.,¸__¸,.×´ .........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ... •,¸¸,'
    ..................`•.¸_) .....................................-:|:-

©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

Hi there! This post kind of talks about what you're experiencing, although I don't know if it's the actual problem or not.
    It's kind of strange that it is happening with CUR and DDI but not with HAU, a newer game.
    ……………_______¸+*¨¯¨*׸
    …………………….
    |.I am not.|·-·*.……))……
    ……..….
    |ashamed|.……¸.•´
    |....of the...|..¸.+´
    |
    ...G o s p e l o f C h r i s t....|
    |because it is the p o w e r|

¸.|..of God;. |
    ¸.×´|…..the…..|.……….
    ((……….|salvation |.…………
    `+.,¸.|…5of.…...|………..
    |everyone|
    |.....who.... |
    | believes |
    Romans 1:16

This sig is i l l e g a l in over 50 countries.
    This amazing signature is by Olbrso!!

Comment

hi! I don't think I'm understanding your response, do you need more information about what's happening? Or like a list of the problems?

the problems are the music skipping then after that the mouse gets stuck, and the game freezes for about a minute.
      Any help is greatly appreciated:)

©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

Comment

It sounds like something is interfering with CUR and DDI but not HAU.
        Is CUR and DDI the original installation on this computer, and both ran previously w/o a problem?
        What windows version are you running?
        Is it possible that some update or upgrade happened?

You could always backup your ND saved games folder.
        ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
        LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Comment

Thanks so much. I was looking into my Windows version and went into troubleshooting. I went into 'program compatibility' and Windows changed the settings so that the older ND game would run. It worked!

Thank you, you lead me in the right direction!

EDIT: After playing it for a few minutes it is still having problems but it's only for a couple seconds every now and then so it's still tolerable :)

EDIT AGAIN: It's back to the same and I can't play it :(
          I have Windows 7 right now if that helps? And yes they are the original installations and both have worked perfectly fine in the past. I don't know why the 'program compatibility' settings thing didn't work (listed above) I feel like I have literally tried everything :(
          Last edited by ndtwister; January 1, 2017, 11:43 PM.

©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

Comment

As a person who once worked for tech support I am compelled to ask; are there any background processes that could be interfering?

If your still up for playing with the compatibility settings Windows XP Service Pack 2 tends to work for most semi older games.

And don't feel bad about reinstalling the games, some times driver updates or some such just don't gel with some older programs. It happens and a reinstall usually fixes them. Just don't forget to backup your saves.

Comment

Working...
            X