Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting for a compatible Laptop (moved to correct board)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting for a compatible Laptop (moved to correct board)

I'm having a hard time finding a Windows 10 laptop with a 3 Ghz processor. Has anyone had success playing MID with less than 3 Ghz?
    Last edited by catsandbooks; February 9th, 2020, 02:09 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

My fav ND games: DDI , SSR, CKC, GDML,
    TRT , MHM , & SSH

His mercy is new every morning.

Yes and no. I first played on my older, standard Windows 8 'Nancy Drew Game' laptop- with no graphics card and less than 3 Ghz. The game worked fine on low graphics, the highest 4:3 resolution, and with all the extras turned off- the lips still didn't sync completely, there were pauses after each conversation line, making it seem to drag on longer, and some of the cutscenes halted and delayed (just the standard set of MID issues), but movement was easy and the game never crashed, and there was much about the new setup that blew me away (like weather changes, and being able to have group conversations)- it was a good gaming experience. A few weeks later, I purchased the base model New Alienware m15 laptop as a work computer, (with dedicated graphics card and 4.1 Ghz) and downloaded MID onto it. The first welcome change is that the game started up almost immediately, then I found that lips now matched about 85% of the time, no more halting cutscenes, and conversation ran much smoother. The computer took everything (high graphics, highest res, real-time shadows, edge-smoothing,) like a dream! Each characters' skin now had tone and texture.

So its a tossup- Would I have been fine playing MID on my Windows 8, yes, but now that I'm spoiled by MID on a gaming laptop, I'm not going back to MID on a Windows 8- no way!

Actually, another member who knows a thing or two (or ten) about computers made a very helpful thread about compatibility and game requirements. You can find it here:https://community.herinteractive.com...e-requirements
    Last edited by Juliana+Walter; February 7th, 2020, 11:29 AM.
    "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
    Whether great or small never factor the cost,
    Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
    Leave no bridge uncrossed...….

One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
    keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
    Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
    If you need someone.
    ...He will be One True Friend"

Comment

You're personal experience with playing MID on different PCs is helpful. I currently have a Windows 7 laptop that I've loved for several years. With Microsoft cutting off tech support for 7, I reluctantly decided to look for a new laptop with 10 for new software use. When searching for the processor speed, most have a base of: 1.6, 1.8 or 2.6. At least in the price range I'm willing to pay. From your info, I'm surmising that the graphics card is the key to MID working sufficiently. Thank you for posting.
      ---------------------------------------------------

My fav ND games: DDI , SSR, CKC, GDML,
      TRT , MHM , & SSH

His mercy is new every morning.

Comment

Working...
      X