Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer games on Wineskin (VEN and HAU)

Hello!
    I emailed Tech Support but wanted to also post here in case anybody else had the same problem and was able to fix it.
    I successfully downloaded and installed Phantom of Venice and Haunting of Castle Malloy from Her's website on wineskin. I have had success with other older games on wineskin, but when I went to open Phantom of Venice to play I received an error message:
    "Code ND-12121
    The video card in this computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game. Outdated video cards may need to be replaced with new hardware.
    The Phantom of Venice requires a 32MB video card that is DirectX 9.0 and 32-bit color compatible.
    To resolve this issue, please contact your computer or video card manufacturer to download new drivers or update the video card."
    This happens with both games.
    I am playing on a MacBook Pro from 2011 - does anybody know if this is something that can be fixed within wineskin? Or if it is an issue with my computer? I have tried several "winetricks" but none seem to work.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Hey, not sure if you ever got this issue resolved. I just wanted to chime in to say that I have successfully played both of these games on a late 2008 macbook as well as other ND games on a 2011 iMac so it seems strange to me that it would be a problem with your computer.

I checked the settings and engine I used since I've found that some engines have worked better or worse or not at all depending on the game. The engine I used that worked for both VEN and HAU was WS8Wine1.1.41 and windows XP as the windows version. I don't know if any of that makes a difference in your case, but that's what has worked for me.

Good luck!
    Brigadain
    King Liam
    Wonderful City

~-~ Nancy Drew: The Final Scene ~-~

Comment

Working...
    X