Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Installation Problems

Hello,

I was recently installing some old games for nostalgia's sake on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. I disabled the anti-virus protection, and most of the games downloaded just fine, including an older one like DID. Two games which are giving me grief are the following:

ICE: "the code execution cannot process because d3dx9_33.dll was not found" - Looking on HER's FAQ page the only similar thing that comes up is about Norton Anti-Virus, but I don't have Norton.

STFD: I can run the installation installer and it works fine, I put it into compatibility mode (I followed step by step the instructions on HER's page already), but when I click on the actual game installer it will ask for my permission, but will not open anything or do anything once I click "Yes." It may have to do with my user account controls I am thinking?

I am not as concerned about STFD as I am about ICE, but if anyone has advice for either that would be very appreciated!
    "Drew! Do not touch that door! That door is not for you!" -Chief McGinnis ASH
    "Jacques must be gone." -Nancy Drew TRT
    "Oh no, she wrecked her roux!" -George Fayne DDI
    "My name is Nancy, I'm a detective, I really hope this bathroom is soundproof..." -Nancy Drew DED
    "You can find more eggs than that." -Shorty Thurmond SHA
    "Molybdenum." -Dr. Nikki Sabatini ICE
    "A gumbo to go please!" -Bess Marvin CRY
    "Wow, I do not care about that problem at all." -Markus Boehm CAP
    "I don't function well in reality." -Harper Thorton GTH
    "You might want to ease up on the stealing." -Ewan MacLoed SPY

I had similar problems on my Dell Windows 10 laptop. We copied the game to a flash drive on a different computer and it installed properly. I think that was ICE. I have not yet been able to get STFD to work.
    He has showed you, O man, what is good.
    And what does the LORD require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Comment

Working...
    X